2018 DIY Summer Projects
What’s the use of this warm weather and long summer days if you can’t kick-back in your yard and have some fun? But if there’s nowhere good to sit and nothing fun to do at your house, don’t fret. This post will be updated every few weeks to give you more great ideas for weekend upgrades for your home that will enhance your yard, beautify your exterior, and give everyone in the family something exciting to do! Pick and choose from our 2018 DIY Summer Projects that are right for your home, and soon you’ll have the most attractive and entertaining yard on the block.
Build Your Own Fire Pit
Tools & Materials:
Before We Begin
- Start by laying out your stone into the size and shape that you want your fire pit to be. Fire pits are usually about 3 to 4 feet across but you can make it any size and shape that you want.
- Once the stone has been laid out, the next step is to dig a 12-inch-deep hole in that location.
- Pour sand into the bottom of the hole and tamp the sand level. If you do not have a tamp that is okay, it doesn’t need to be perfect, just try and make the sand as level as possible.
- Lay your stone or brick around the outside of the hole. Stack the stones until they reach your desired height. It is recommended that they’re stacked until the top layer is about 12 inches above the ground.
- Pour a layer of sand into the middle of the ring of stones so that it covers the first layer or until it is around 4 inches deep.